Friday 2 May 2014

MEMBER

this useless organ
is more than just the end of my non-muscular torso/
a masculine symbol falling
like static pink water
from the last remains of my childish fantasies/
handing the baton over to you,
consecutively losing each person
and struggling to function
from the modern day smoke and mirrors
that hinder our interest
in these games of boys and girls/
toying with thoughts of inadequacy
as you ask me "what's wrong?"/
the longitude and latitude
of the map my bed's become
crossing at all the wrong moments,
momentarily thinking
of the 5th limb that is my member/
before remembering the responsibility
that unfortunately comes
with wielding this weapon
that can be so much more persuasive than sword
or pen
but in between such highs of confidence,
I'm forced to remember
that my member
just means membership
to the WHEN WILL HE TEXT ME BACK
and the empty meanwhiles
of the nights it entertains

No comments:

Post a Comment