Sunday 11 May 2014

HEARTSINK

I'm sorry
that you hate this place and the slow pace of life that you and I got used to
I'm sorry
that I'm useless at the things that bring you the rolling stone satisfaction you call happiness
and as much as a rebranded man I am now,
this is what it always comes down to:
a hundred apologies and boring monologues from me
not seeing red but red-faced from the effort of chasing up the loose ends I left you with
and the aforementioned tendency to be a dick head/
accidentally like I said
but that makes no difference, does it?
indifferent to the differences between us
you want to trust a man who can barely put his trousers on without falling over/
lowering the bar,
setting it so low
that doing the limbo with me would break your back/
back to where we started
square 1,
2,
3,
4,
5 months
of velvet underground moments
until I learnt that looking back is a futile action/
a new romantic reaction to the metaphorical slap to the face you gave me
(even though you didn't mean to)
I know that, but knowledge is not what we need
needlessly stating the facts
when the fact is:
we fucked up
up the bracket and down the stairs to the
"SHUT THE FRONT DOOR"
you were so sure of saying

the thing is
my apologies can only do so much
with the biology between us/
waiting at bus stops
stopping to think how i'm wasting your time
like the white wine I drunk when you left
and the expectation on your face/
exhausted from expecting more
more or less letting love tear us apart
look what I've started:
blue screens of death and
another endless summer of
"we can still be friends"
when the thing is
I MISS YOU
not the toothpaste kisses
or pissing with the door open
but just knowing you,
showing you that age is just a number,
a number that numbs us
with every year that passes/
as the heartsink
and pink squares
fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment