Sunday 9 March 2014

DICK HEAD

sorry.
I seem to have accidentally
been a dick head
I know that doesn't make it any better
but
it puts it in context, surely
it wasn't just an expensive moment
a don giovanni, romeo, cassanova nightmare
all in one
it wasn't long before it all got a bit one sided
I've been on both,
and neither's that great
the real reasons behind
the cold calls,
pillow talks
and fake laughs
remain unknown

a mattress fortress/
sorting my belongings alphabetically
putting off the inevitable moment of leaving the room
when things got a lot more confusing
the accusations of me using you
to lose myself in my own ego
aren't true
or at least,
that's never what I wanted
from the start
the sharpness of a lemon is nothing on you right now
telling me I've got cold skin and devil horns
warning me that I'm dying
trying to tie me down/
to the swings and roundabouts
between us
 
but then again
I don't know what it's like to look through your eyes
risking everything,
just to find out I'm a dick head
again
another friendship down the drain
rainbow drops/
Brighton rock
cocked it up again,
didn't I?
sorry about that
might not sound it,
but I really am
and
unfortunately
i'll always be
the same old,
brain dead,
dick head
again

No comments:

Post a Comment