Sunday 23 March 2014

MISFITS

all my misfits
I miss you
since you've been gone/
the rest of us go on and on
long days
dog days
in a daze
as we try to remember
why we bother
you're my brothers and sisters
and somewhere along the line
a part of you died
I don't know why
or where to find it/
but I know that no friend
or enemy
can prevent you from finding it again
 
red wine and cigarettes
didn't help
but try using yourself,
you're stronger than you think
and it seems ridiculous to me
(not to be selfish)
how you see yourself
because I see so much beauty
and movements that move me
in a seldom seen kid like you

I can't say pull your socks up
(it's got nothing to do with what you wear with your shoes)
but don't lose sight of knowing
that you're not on your own
believe me, I've been there,
playing noughts and crosses on my own arm/
harming my head more than anything else

so to all the underachievers
and daydream believers
please,
see what I'm saying
never feel guilty for praying to false gods
or paying someone in your time
it takes a while to adjust
and accept it's a part of us
for better or for worse
 
hurting yourself can seem like an easy way out
but please
take time to scream off concrete towers,
know that you're not broken,
that if you can't beat them
you don't have to join them
and I hope that you'll divide the joy
enough to have some for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment