Saturday 8 March 2014

NEW SHOES

new shoes,
new me,
new you.
last time,
after 2 years of spilt milk
and fake blood on the carpet
she went nuclear.
but a problem's not a problem
if you don't mention it/
and a bed of roses only grows
if you put shit on it first
 
it was all
kitchen sink dramas/
harmless threats
to what you called my personal space
(everyone else calls it a waste of oxygen)
but it didn't bother me
or you:
caught in car headlights
that turned out to be
2 motorbikes, side by side/
just missing you
like everything else that passed you by
because you were too busy
looking good
dying slowly, instead
 
new me,
new you
this time,
i'll tell the truth
(fingers crossed)
but:
how about you/
walk a mile in my shoes
then, you'll be a mile away
and i'll know for sure/you won't say
any of the wisdom/you insist on departing
and I can get on
with the love songs,
pond life
and gold lions
i'm becoming a part of,
without you

No comments:

Post a Comment