Sunday 2 March 2014

HALF OF ME

I'm no mathematician
but
I know you're half of me
and
it doesn't add up,
because you don't see it that way

I don't understand/
you put your hand in mine
and said it would stay there.
wayward me
wayward you
separate ways/
500 days,
Arabian nights,
a kiss with a fist
and dreams of flying

these days
it's all grey
brain drain/nothing new
how hard is it to:
decide to be in a good mood,
and then just be in one?
is it that easy
to please me,
myself
and I,
as well as you?

truth be told, you annoy me
throwing your toys out of the pram
you're no man
no woman
no cry
you're a kid, like me
kidding ourselves
that we'll be alright
that we'll be something more/
sawdust in your hair
and caring more about
how not to lose me
than your own sanity.
give it up, sunshine
shine on/come along
come in/comedown
brain dead/chickentown
all over again

you're half of me/
no matter how differently I try to see it
and
the thing is
honestly?
I really, really
wish you weren't

No comments:

Post a Comment