Monday 3 March 2014

ACHILLES

Achilles, you're killing me
softly
soft machine
me, you,
everyone else and their mother/
all in the same boat
hoping, losing, loving, choosing
to be or not to be:
shit question,
unless you're dead

headaches and heartburn
learning the hard way
that there's an army of people
who'll say they see through you
who'll get in your way
blaming you for the marmalade
and moody blues
we're all living in

but Achilles, you're healing me
in a strange way,
the days are better/
knowing you're here
facing you,
tasting you
instead of the fear
of all the little things that fill my day

not to go as far as to say I like you
but maybe
in spite of you
alright,
because of you
I soon learned that
embracing our weakness
is the best treatment
and in time,
you realise,
that the ups
and the downs
are better
than a flat line

No comments:

Post a Comment