Monday 17 March 2014

LEMONADE

regretting
letting it in
to my head (well, my nose)
again
god knows it won't be the last time/
knowing the past times
that so often amuse us
 
confusion is the reason
we never cease to amaze ourselves
trying to say she sells sea shells
and laughing instead
off our heads,
out of our minds
cheap wine does the job
(an alien concept)
letting ourselves go so well
you couldn't do better if you tried
 
outside,
a sea of plastic bags/
glad rags on but nowhere to go
tomorrow never knows
but that's no guarantee/
baby lemonade I need you sooner than you think
but no sooner than expected/
expected roadworks march to may
maybe i'll pay for something
(that'll be the day)
 
please,
accept my regrets
of letting it in/
please,
baby lemonade
maybe my memory
was invented to please you
with
frozen peas,
cold knees,
coffee and tv/
the might do's and maybes
are not what they used to be
or what they seem
 
baby lemonade
numbered days/
naked as we came
cutting up lines
left right and centre
(don't mention it)
baby lemonade
come back to yesterday
if not, then sooner
I'm a loser, baby
 
baby lemonade/
kill me
spill the beans
and the blood
of my lemonade brain/
bubbles and double dutch
all over again
lemonade, baby
again and again
 

No comments:

Post a Comment