Saturday 1 March 2014

MY ASYLUM

this place is my asylum
where romance is dead
I can't hear a thing but
voices in my head,
last rites
and fist fights

I sang my song/
but they hung me from the heavens
to die by the drop
and said I was not one of them

you hit me in the soft cell/
wedding bells,
future head
the beat of your drum goes on/
like the atom bomb
on Hiroshima.
please,
stop what you're doing to me

this place is an asylum
I don't belong here
but,
I don't belong anywhere else
the fact is:
maybe I enjoy being in hell

9 in the morning/cigarette calling
she warned me this would happen
in the asylum
but,
I liked her,
too much to listen

I may be naïve but believe me -
it's something I'm working on.
go on, forget me
regret the seconds you wasted
wishing you were deaf
and dumb.
call me a liar, but don't ever tell me
that you're not far
from my asylum
yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment