Friday 14 March 2014

BALLOONS

is that you,
behind the half price food
and plastic faces,
when the sun goes down?
if you were one day to become an atom
(god forbid)
your half life wouldn't be half the time it takes you
to answer me when I pass the time of day.
I might have no name but I'm not invisible
chip on my shoulder/
fish on my head
(shoulders, knees and toes)
and bruises from when i tripped over the pavement,
staring at your aura
(purple like a cartoon grape)
"rape me"
he said.
a bit drastic,
considering
the deliberation i take
to even clean my teeth
 
life's a lot harder the smarter you are,
smartarse
and arrogance is like a soiled carpet:
asking for trouble.
a friend once said
it's better to be pleasant
and run the risk
of awkward moments in the lift,
waiting for the 4th floor
 
not the best advice of the day/
but he could be on to something
and anyway,
nothing could be worse
than the burst balloon
you've become
deflated/late again
for a date you say is just a number
a hundred years could go by
without you smiling/
I've given up trying
to put the wind in your sails
 
failure
is the new you,
a blue you
and I see you through you
so to tell the truth
you're just another
deflated balloon/
and the sooner you go,
the sooner i'll know
not to bother
with you
or the balloons
on this fuel called love
above what I thought when I met you

No comments:

Post a Comment